Sunday, September 30, 2012

Wish I'd Known: Saving Time & Money on Ground Beef

Pin It
This is my own tip for you moms.  

Cook one package of ground beef and divide it into three meals.

I personally don't love a ton of ground beef in my meals.  When a recipe calls for 1 lb, I usually only do half of that.  I don't know why, but it's just not my fave.  Which is really strange since hamburgers are pretty much my favorite food.  Anyways....a way I stretch the buck, is to cook 1 package of hamburger (usually like 1.3 pounds) and break it into 3 meals.  I will use one third for something like spaghetti, then another for taco salads and the last one for stroganoff or something like that.  It also makes the second and third meal super easy and fast.  This obviously wouldn't work for a large family, but it works for our small family.  My husband never complains that there isn't enough meat in our meals, so I don't think he even notices.

1 comment:

Claire said... #

You can make it go ever farther by adding in shredded carrots, chopped peppers & onions, cabbage or cooked lentils. Yum! For taco meat I also add corn & beans.

I love your blog, by the way. :)